Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Meet This Week's Guest Judge: Melissa Pizzalato


This week's judge is Melissa of Melissa Pizzalato Photography. Her beautiful work has a timeless feel, and she explains a bit of how she achieves this here. Also, look for her at http://www.melissapizzalato.com/


1. Tell us about yourself...

I'm Melissa, I'm 32 years old, a mother to two beautiful children ages 8 and 4. I'm also a proud wife and have been married for almost 10 years!




2. What ignited your passion for photography, and what fuels it now?

When my daughter Mia was born I expressed interest in photography and she's been my muse ever since. I really enjoy documenting both my children, in fact I just started my 2nd 365 project!




3. What's in your camera bag right now, what do use the most? the least?

I shoot with a Nikon D600 and my one and only lens is the 50mm 1.4!




4. What's your dream project or shoot?

I would love to photograph a birth session sometime in 2015! It's such a beautiful and emotional moment in someone's life and would love to be that person to capture it!





5. What is the biggest challenge you face as a photographer?

I would say my number one is self doubt. There are times where I feel so confident and times where I truly don't....It's frustrating, so frustrating.  Another challenge is time management. There are so many personal projects and goals I want to involve myself in!Someday I will figure out a system that works well for me!




6. If you had $500 to spend on photography... A new lens!

How should you spend it? A new lens!
How do you wish you could spend it? A new lens!
How would you really spend it? See above! A NEW LENS, haha! This has been a long time coming but I really want the sigma 35mm 1.4. I've heard such great things about it and as a lifestyle photographer I know it's going to make my job a little easier!!!




7. Is there any one thing you wish someone had told you at the very beginning of your photography journey?

I really wish I someone told me that it's ok to crank up my ISO. For years I was afraid to go over 400 and now I'm rarely unders 1500! I love embracing the grain!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts