Tuesday, November 18, 2014

{showing motion}

What an incredible week! I have been literally gasping over all the entries that came in! Narrowing down the selection to just 11 was nearly impossible!! I had 35 that I just loved before the week was even up! I had to leave out some images that I absolutely adored! This is no easy task, but I did want to represent all the various ways to capture motion. Thank you so much to everyone who submitted for all the inspiration--you guys ROCKED this theme!!




I adore the flying hair and the gorgeous pop of pink. But what really makes this image is the incredible expression and curled fingers. I can just feel the motion from her body language...and it puts a huge smile on my face!







..............................





K.C. Spencer - Photographer
The details and energy in this image are fantastic: I love the way his cheeks are puffing out with the force of the water. I like the way some of the drops falling off his chin are completely frozen, but there is some motion blur in the stream of water escaping the hose. I adore the gorgeous water bokeh framing the entire scene!! Stunning capture!







..............................





Such an beautiful example of motion blur!! I adore the point of focus in the middle and the gorgeous blur of lights and colors radiating outwards! I love that almost everything on the edges of the frame is a blur, but we can still very much see the outline of the horses. Perfect balance of detail and blur to capture the essence of a carousel in motion!






..............................





How incredible is this? A money shot if I ever saw one! Eye contact right in the middle of a flip AND the most incredible expression on the little girl! This is one of those images that so completely captures the essence, energy and moods of childhood!! Truly fantastic!






..............................





This image is truly magical! I adore the texture of the old wooden planks paired with the soft blur of the swirling dress. I also love that the girl's hair echoes the chocolate tones of the wood! Beautifully ethereal!!







..............................






What an absolutely stunning example of a motion blur! I love the still focus on the gray background that is juxtaposed by the vibrant blur of movement in the foreground. The composition is fantastic, with those converging lines leading right to St. Pauls! The low shutter speed not only creates a wonderful feeling of bustling, city motion...but also suggests the passing of time, with crowds moving in and out, but St. Pauls remaining still and unchanging.






..............................





This image has captured my heart! I adore that expression! A mixture of pride, sweetness and playful confidence with a hint of cautiousness!! And such perfect use of panning to give that background a lovely blur and take us for a swing right with him!! 






..............................





Alissa Abbe Rosenberg
Absolutely stunning example of a long exposure and why it is so popular with landscape and seascape photography. The colors and lines are stunning...but that dreamy blur in the clouds and water makes it truly astounding! And I just love all the birds perched on the pier!!






..............................





This image makes my heart sing! Joy caught in its purest form! Every fiber of her body is screaming bliss--from her hair to the tips of her fingers! And that delicious golden light infuses the moment with magic!!





..............................





Sigh!! What a fantastic silhouette!! Stunning sky and those incredible pointed toes!! Life in ballet form!! 





..............................





....and the winner is...



I just keep coming back to this image!! It takes me back to certain passages from my favorite childhood books. There is so much imagination and magic in its simplicity. One could look at it and see a pile of old tires and a curious child...or a dragon and tamer...or a little princess exploring new worlds of adventure...the possibilities are endless! It simultaneously communicates strength, bravery, imagination, curiosity, flair and powerful storytelling!! The motion of the cape gives it a surrealistic, ethereal quality that is absolutely intriguing! Truly outstanding!! 



A huge thank you to Snap Maven for this wonderful opportunity! 
It was such an honor and I feel freshly inspired to revisit this theme myself!!

Melina McGrew/Melina Nastazia Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts