Tuesday, November 25, 2014

{imagination}


This was seriously ridiculously hard to judge. I had 29 images that were strong contenders. 
What a talented group of photographers that follow this page!



.................................




I love this. Even without the added Photoshopped magic, just the image with the magnifying glass alone is very intriguing. It's beautifully lit and reminds us of the imagination that books can bring to life. I also love that it's an older child. Imagination happens at any age.








....................................






My son just finished the Harry Potter series, and I love the creativity of this image. I love the owl and the glow of the magic wand. The boy's suspenders are too much cuteness. I'm so curious about what's on his tummy. My son read the books, but I didn't, so I'm left wondering what happened to this little Harry Potter.











....................................









Melina had several images that I loved, but this was my favorite. I remember the days of my children being absolutely entranced by water. I would put a stool by the sink and just let my son play with the water in the kitchen sink so I could get something done. Love the window light, the pose, the wings, the water... Love it all.








....................................









The innocence of this image makes me happy. The sweet kiss to a toy just reminds me how young kids can imagine that their toys are real and deserving of their love and kisses. I adore the light.











....................................








This is so well done. The grain of the wood perfectly matches the lines of the face. It's cartoony and realistic at the same time. Plus, the sign is hilarious. Really really wonderful.








....................................









The treatment on this image is fantastic. The painterly feeling really lends itself to the interest of this image. Is she taller than a house? Is it a doll house? I'm not really sure, and I love that this image has me wondering what's going on.








....................................








I love the golden hues in the sky that match the golden light of the treasure box. I love the light on his quietly delighted face. This is so well done.








....................................








I LOVE this image. LOVE the reflection of the snail. Love that a little girl is holding the snail. Love the snow. Love her intent expression. Fantastic.








....................................








I adore the interesting light in this image. Her pose is unexpected for a princess and something about it just has me wondering what is going on in her head? I love it. It's very dramatic.








....................................







I love the composition of this image. The expression and lighting on the girl is superb. I've never read this book, but ya know, this image makes me want to.








....................................








I love the colors of this image and pretty much everything about it, from the clothing, the pose, the composition, and even the little leaf on the ground. Something about it is extremely captivating to me.








....................................





And the winner is ........







I love everything about this image. While obviously a composite, it doesn't look like a composite. It flows well with the rest of the image, and the tiger doesn't look pasted in. The entire image is just dreamy and beautiful. It definitely makes me think of the movie Life of Pi which was such a visual delight. If you haven't seen that movie, I highly recommend it.




What an amazing compilation of images.
Thank you for the opportunity. So amazed at the talent. xoxo



Laura Morita Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts