Wednesday, November 5, 2014

{night}

Oh me, oh my!! I thought judging one of these weekly themes would be easy. EASY! I can't believe how wrong I was. This was insanely difficult. I had 38 favourites chosen. THIRTY EIGHT! And I had to narrow it down to eleven. Whittling the list down literally took me hours. I am so amazed at the talent of each and every one of you that submitted images, I was totally blown away. You made my job so hard, and yet so rewarding. Thank you.

And so, without further ado, here are my choices for "Night."




This is what we all, as mothers, look forward to each night - our child sound asleep, safe in their bed and dreaming big beautiful dreams. Even though I love spending time with my kids, this is my favourite time of the day. When they are safe and sleeping, I know I've done a good job for that day.







.............................





This shot is brilliant!! I don't know how she did it, if that was a real tree or a cut out or if this is a composite, but I. LOVE. IT. The sky, the sunset, the cauldron, the tree, the child, the silhouette - it all comes together beautifully.






.............................




This is adorable. Loving the dress, the walk away from the camera, and the tones, and how her lovey pops out of the picture. Really beautiful!






.............................




I saw this the day it was posted and knew it would be one of my finalists. There's such mystery about this pic. What is the child looking at, where is the light coming from? Is he waiting? Is he watching? And he hugs his lovey as if he needs to feel safe. The fact he looks like he's in a skeleton/halloween costume makes me wonder if there's something there that frightens him. It's beautiful. The processing is absolutely perfect! Great shot!






.............................




You are a real master at digital imagery, and this is no exception. This is creepy but beautiful. There's such a softness to it, and yet it's so eery and grungy at the same time. I want to know her story, and how she came to be there at such a young age! Love love LOVE!






.............................




This is exquisite! The sheen on the water, the blue night tones, the dusk sky. I want to go there, I want to see it for myself. It seems so peaceful, so serene.





.............................




I'm a sucker for a great silhouette, and this is a great silhouette. The sky is magnificent, and the capture of her in "mid flight" was perfectly timed. The moon up in the left is the icing on the cake, as it looks like she's looking at the moon and jumping for it. I want to know how you did this!! LOL!





.............................




Magical! That's all I have to say about this. Total magic!!

Moments by Madril





.............................




I loved this image for it's simplicity and familiarity. This is how I find my kids on many a night, sitting in the dark loungeroom engrossed in their ipads, hiding from us so we won't tell them to get off it. It's such a truthful image, it reminds me of my own children. And his little hand, up on his cheek like he's pondering something that he's reading about, is perfect.






.............................




My husband saw this image and asked me to STOP. Just like myself, he was so taken with it. Who'd have thought that standing two children out in the rain and in front of a car headlight each could produce such a wonderful shot? The rim lighting is fantastic, creating almost 3D silhouettes! A real stand out image!






.............................




And the winner is . . . . . . . . . .



I absolutely adored this image from the moment I saw it! What a great example of colour in an image! The yellow of the light and the red of the barn stand out against the rest of the image. The blue of night creates a peacefulness, and the green grass seems to indicate hope for tomorrow after the rain has passed. There is so much happening in this image, and I am totally, completely drawn in! Well done - this is, as my 6 year old daughter says, AWESOME!






Sharyn Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts