Wednesday, May 13, 2015

{you are my wild}

Thank you for sharing your inspired photographs with me this week, I enjoyed each and every one, from your portraits to the little adventures or your kids being who they are. I saw magic, I saw light and I saw love and life, and most of all I saw a mother's heart in all of them. 



Because wild is running through the grass, in beautiful light without clothing and donning a large rimmed sun hat. She is slightly out of focus and I cannot see her whole face which gives me the feeling that this capture was made quickly but with a whole lotta love. Something right out of a mother's memory. I adore the grain and film like feel....which of course makes me wonder if it was shot with film. It is special either way.  










................................






I feel that there is so much adoration in this portrait from the photographer to this child, I am thinking this is her daughter perhaps? I get the feeling there was some decision making and when to snap the shutter. Her glance downwards and sweet impish grin, her summer hair, is so much more readable to me than had she been looking at the lens and smiling. Her freckles also steal the show. She is carefree and shining... maybe just after doing cartwheels or something really fun. 









................................







Bellies and boots....what's not to love? I also love the OOF foreground here bringing me right to it. It has a timeless, simple story and I bet would be equally as stunning in color! This editing choice was however, brilliant. 









................................






I'm a big fan of J.M. Barrie and Peter Pan so this pulled me right in immediately, not to mention the execution of the focus and edit which is gorgeous. Bare feet, in the grass, dandelions....it really doesn't get much better. This feels like a storybook in its own right. 









................................






Because there's no better place to get a little wild and crazy than in the sand box, which is where I am thinking she is. I love this BW edit and contrast on those bare, messy feet. The texture adds a richness and depth. Gorgeous. 








................................







The light in this image and water droplets and little bit of sunflare just adds to what looks like the perfect summer moment captured in one shot. A little wet and wild in the grass with the sprinkler, looks like fun to me! I think if I look closely enough I can hear laughter too. So well done! 







................................







A riverside stroll among tall trees and beautiful light, I bet her imagination was running wild! I love the pop of blue of her dress and her lovey in hand while soaking it all in. This is the sweetest capture.  








................................







I am just amazed by this artist and adore this shot. Her longing expression to the 'wild' of the outdoors inside, looking out. Her face masked in the reflection of the sky and her childlike pose, I wish I could ask her what she is thinking. The face on the tshirt also slightly mimics her face. I love how this is composed with light, shadow and the almost double exposure effect, what great artistic value it has! 










................................







I love this unconventional portrait, his upside down sweet face hanging from the hammock, looking leisurely and carefree! I also love this black and white contrast, it is visually striking. 










................................








I love the Lord of the Flies feel to this....kids amongst nature for me make the perfect pair. Framed in it, engaging in it, admiring it, whatever it might be. His expression is gentle yet his stare is intense....that pulls me into the flawless composition where he is framed by the multiple grey tones in the leaves against the lightness of his bare chest. This is really just stunning. 








................................







And the winner is......









Owwww...I think this one can speak for itself, don't you? You haven't really lived if you've made it though childhood without an egg on your noggin. He looks so innocently mischievous in the most endearing way. His solemn expression and tousled hair makes me want to know what he was up to and the mother in me wants to smother him with kisses. This is just too good. There is no question he has a bit of wild child in his blood. 










Beautiful work by some very talented photographers. Thank you Snap Maven <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts