Thursday, May 7, 2015

Meet This Week's Judge: Holly Donovan!




This week, Holly of Holly Donovan Photography is judging "you are my wild". Take a moment to enjoy her beautiful photos, and her thoughts on photography. 


1. Tell us about yourself...


I am currently a stay at home mom to my four children here in Chicago, and have been married to my husband for 9 years in September. My past employment consisted of odd jobs in the horticulture and food industries, both of which I loved. I did a lot of traveling in my early 20s, dropping out of college to do so, and was able to camp and backpack across most of the continental US and some of Central America before having children. As my kids grow older I’d love to continue doing this with them, so much can be learned about kindness and humanity with travel that is essential. 




2. What ignited your passion for photography, and what fuels it now? 


My mom ignited it. She was the first photographer in our family and kept our photographs in well put together albums. Not one of them is technically perfect, but none of that matters and what makes me love them more. They are my memories. Wanting to give this same gift to my children is what fuels it now. That and having this creative outlet. I’ve always had a love in my heart for photo taking/making or whatever they call it these days.   




3. What's in your camera bag right now, what do use the most? the least?


My Mark 5DII and 24mm. I also carry a broken 50mm 1.8 for freelensing and extra charged batteries. Debit card. Lip balm. Spare change. Lavender EO. 




4. What's your dream project or shoot?


Any combination of travel and photography would be a dream, I know its a popular one for photographers and find it to be a common denominator among most! 




5. What is the biggest challenge you face as a photographer?


Balance. It is a practice but I’m getting better at it. 




6.  If you had $500 to spend on photography...


How should you spend it? A mentorship. 


How do you wish you could spend it? a photo expedition

How would you really spend it? an upgrade




7. Is there any one thing you wish someone had told you at the very beginning of your photography journey?


Yes. How to use Photoshop effectively, because I’m still trying to figure it out!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts