Sunday, May 17, 2015

Meet This Week's Judge: Rebecca Leimbach

This week, we have Rebecca of Rebecca Leimbach Photography guest judging. She had a phenomenal gift for photographing animals and capturing their personalities, alongside with their humans. Check out a few of her photos, and learn a little about hr here.


1. Tell us about yourself... 
I’m married (celebrating 10 years in August), we have a daughter named Harper and two dogs, Ella (a boston terrier) and Lola (an English bulldog). We live in Michigan but are moving to the Bay area in the next couple months. I’m an animal lover and would love to have a farm full of animals if I could afford to have them properly cared for. I love to laugh and tend to try and find the humor in life. 


2. What ignited your passion for photography, and what fuels it now? 
I’m not sure that anything in particular ignited my love for photography. I just really wanted to document my life as best as I could. I’ve been at it for a little over 10 years and we have a love/dislike relationship. Currently, I’m really enjoying photographing my daughter and her relationship with our bulldog, Lola. 


3. What's in your camera bag right now, what do use the most? the least? 
A Nikon D800, Nikon 24mm 1.4, Nikon 105mm 2.8, Nikon 85mm 1.8, Nikon 35mm 2.0 I almost never take my 24mm off of my camera. I barely use the rest.  


4. What's your dream project or shoot? 

I would love to shoot for National Geographic. Specifically animals in their natural environments. 


5. What is the biggest challenge you face as a photographer? 

Feeling like I suck. On a daily basis. 


6. If you had $500 to spend on photography...
How should you spend it? I’d probably buy more props for Harper and Lola. How would you really spend it? I’d really spend it on them. 


7. Is there any one thing you wish someone had told you at the very beginning of your photography journey? 

That you are going to fall in and out of love with this but just keep at it. Eventually you will get use to these feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts