Tuesday, May 19, 2015

{animals and our relationship with them}



Ok, for reals, that was not even remotely easy. 
There was so many awesome submissions, I had such a hard time narrowing down my favorites.
Thank you to everyone that took the time to submit images. 
I loved seeing everyone's take on the theme as well as the relationship they have with
their pets or animals in general. 

Here are my favorites in no particular order:



I loved the tenderness of this image. A little boy and his cat, it doesn't get any sweeter than this. 











...................................











This silhouette is fantastic. A boy and his best friend watching on in adoration. Perfect.









...................................









I love everything about this image. The cat licking her face is the icing on the cake. 











...................................










This is Harper and Lola, 100%. Gorgeous dog, adorable young girl, trampoline... end of story. 










...................................











This image is just simply stunning to me. Best friends, beautiful light and oozing with emotion. 










...................................










This one cracks me up! I love this image so much. 
The two little butts still inside and the dora pajamas. Kill me now. 








...................................









I mean, come on. The outfit she is wearing alone is enough to make this image but add in her location and the adorable dog and BLAMMO! Awesome.









...................................









I want Ben to be your pet, permanently. I just love the perspective this was taken from.
Like we were let in on a private conversation.










...................................









I think it says a lot when an animal is comfortable enough to fall asleep in your arms. 
These two obviously have a very loving bond. I love that.










...................................









The chubby baby legs. The anxious look on the pups face. Their relationship needs no explanation. 









...................................










My absolute favorite image (and I don't say this lightly because I really loved them all) is:



OMG!! This image is perfect to me in so many ways. 
The faithful love of an animal, in this case a dog, just wanting to be touched by the human it loves.
The comfort of the dog's owner reaching out, almost as if automatically, to let her know she's loved. 
I could stare at this image all day. 
In fact, I would hang this in my home. Proudly. 

Ok, now I need a drink. I poured over every image and damn it, I need to start working on my photography skills! You all have inspired me. Thank you! 

Rebecca Leimbach
Photography by Rebecca Leimbach
@harpandlola_thebulldog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts