Friday, August 1, 2014

Feature Friday with Jamie Faulkner Photography!!!

Last week's challenge was 'mobile photography' and wow there were so many amazing photos!  You all can rock a cell phone!  The winner of the challenge was the super talented Jamie Faulkner of Jamie Faulkner Photography, and she has graciously agreed to answer our questions and share some more of her gorgeous work.

1. Please tell us about yourself... My name is Jamie Faulkner and I am a blessed momma to two sweet little girls, Ella (3) and Quinn (1). I am a stay at home momma, been married for 8 years and started my path in photography in 2009.  I am a natural light photographer located in So. Illinois.  I love anything coffee (iced latte is my fave!), I am a sunset junkie. I am a dreamer and a lover of light. I am a lover of childhood and the innocence and joy it brings. I am a fairytale believer. I have a dangerous addiction to antique stores and junk stores. I love happy colors but have a love affair with moody black and whites. I am writer in my dreams. I am a book lover, once I get started, and I fall in love, I can not put the book down. I love the happiness in small moments and I seek to find that in everything I do.




 2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?  Natural | fun | emotive.
 I chose those words because it describes my style and sessions perfectly. We have fun at our sessions.. My goal is to achieve the real personalities and capture the emotions felt.  The in between, interaction moments are my absolute favorite moments to capture and they are where my passion lies.




 3. What sparked your passion for photography? I wanted to be able to stop a moment in time. Photography allows me to do. Allows me (and my clients!) to be able to travel back to a moment and relive it.



4. What's in your camera bag right now? My camera (nikon D4s with my 35 1.4 attached), tissues, boogie wipes, smarties, extra battery and memory card and some toy blocks and some oil blotting facial wipes.




 5. What is your dream shoot or project? I would love to shoot film someday. I have a desire to start that in the future for personal purposes only. Other than that, no projects at the moment. As for a dream shoot.I think photographing Brad Pitt and his family would be so much fun. They just seem like a fun, carefree, loving family.



6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how? I actually did not have any misconceptions actually. I went into with an open mind all the way. I have learned though that photography has so many different areas of work, not just the “picture taking” like some may think. Photographers are truly creative souls with strong passion for their work/art.  I  think that they work harder than some people think. J





 7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning? I wish I was told to reach out more. Reach out to your fellow photographers. Some of my closet friends have been made in this industry. It is so nice to be able to have someone to talk to that is in the same field as you. You never know what kind of friendship will form until you try. So that photographer you look up.reach out and just say hi and introduce yourself. Sure, you may get ignored. But you also may form a wonderful friendship!

I would also say worry about you. Worry about your progress, your work. Pay no mind to everyone else. Do you. There is only one you. Do not try to imitate someone else. Find your style and be you. You will be so much happier, I promise. 




You can find more of Jamie's work here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts