Friday, August 29, 2014

Meet This Week's Judge: Sarah Cornish

This week, we have the talented Sarah Cornish of My Four Hens Photography. In addition to her enviable skills as an artist, she works hard to inspire and support others. So read, and be inspired! 



1.                  Tell us about yourself...

I am a lover of light, childhood, and Jesus. I am an introverted people person. I am a mother of five in a growing family, striving to make the most of the chaos and imperfection. I embrace the “real.” I find beauty in all things, especially those that others may not find beautiful. I aspire to inspire. :)



2.                  What ignited your passion for photography, and what fuels it now?

I began in my teens but I remember wanting a polaroid camera for my 10th birthday. I had the chance to road trip all over the USA and use a film camera of my aunt's to capture our journey. I sadly have no clue what happened to all the film, but something profound bloomed and took root then. It never left me. Now I strive to capture moments and snap shots of our life as well as help preserve memories for my clients.



3.                  What's in your camera bag right now, what do use the most? the least?

I am a Canon and shoot with bevy of Canon L Prime lenses. I keep a full gear list here: http://myfourhensphotography.com/about/whats-in-my-camera-bag/ But I am finding my favorite lens is probably my 24L and ironically the least used is my 35L. Not sure why though. I just haven't picked it up as much. That can change next week though. I am all over the place lol!



4.                  What's your dream project or shoot?

You know, years a go I might have thought something stylized. I have done a ton of photography projects. I am still knee deep in many. My favorite thing to shoot in my children. I love being in the mountains and outdoors (being in Colorado it is hard not to right?!) But I honestly think I would love to photograph homeless women and children. Maybe even share awareness. I know many do it well and I wouldn't be the first but we all have a story to tell and our perspectives. It is a goal for when my children are a bit older since it is dangerous work I would assume.



5.                  What is the biggest challenge you face as a photographer?

There are so many. Time management is certainly a big one. Even carving time out to shower is tough some days. If I were to dig deep though I would say I hate conformity. I don't want my work to really look like anyone else's either though. I want people to feel something.. anything when they see my work. I am terrified at some point my work will be normalized.



6.                  If you had $500 to spend on photography...
  
How should you spend it?

I would probably spend it on marketing or something business related.

How do you wish you could spend it?
I would give it to someone that needed it more.

How would you really spend it?
See the first answer ha! Or probably a photography related bill.



7.                  Is there any one thing you wish someone had told you at the very beginning of your photography journey?

It's okay to be different. Embrace it. Your voice is your biggest asset. I never really tried to fit in but I maybe would have put myself out there more. I also wish I would have disregarded more of the nay sayers. Not the people that had a genuine constructive bit of advice but those that were nasty for the sake of being nasty. Not everyone has to like you.




\
Thanks so much, Sarah, for being with us this week! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts