Monday, August 25, 2014

Meet This Week's Judge: Melissa Stissi

This week we had Melissa of Melissa Stissi Photography. Please enjoy reading about what helps her to create such beautiful, natural photos!



1. Tell us about yourself...

     I am a wife, a mother and a lover of beauty.   I have become a chaser of light and an observer of shadow.  I have a love of gardening, cooking and reading.  I revel in quiet and a good cup of tea.



2. What ignited your passion for photography, and what fuels it now?

      My passion was ignited by the birth of my son. I felt a responsibility to record his growth and the magic of his childhood in photos.  My hobby quickly become and obsession of sorts and is now fueled by a love of learning as well as a love of recording detail that would have been otherwise missed or forgotten.  Macro of flowers and insects has become a favorite for me.  I often flip through my own work and marvel at the growth I have made in a few short years and also at how quickly time passes and how happy I am to have recorded those moments.



3. What's in your camera bag right now, what do use the most? the least?

     A Canon 6D and a Rebel T2i. I have an assortment of prime lens as well as a 70-200 and a 28-75 zoom    lens.  My macro is a constant favorite as well as the 70-200. My least used is my 35mm.



4. What's your dream project or shoot?

   The answer to this question changes with my mood and the week. Lol.  But right now I would like to gain a really solid foundation in studio light.



5. What is the biggest challenge you face as a photographer?

      Self doubt…. One minute I am in love with the work I just produced and the next I am not so sure.  And then the cycle repeats. But I think that is par for the course in any creative endeavor.  It is what pushes us to try something different the next time around..



6.  If you had $500 to spend on photography...

How should you spend it?
   Bills.

How do you wish you could spend it?
   I would put it towards a 16-35mm lens.  As I often find my 35mm not wide enough.



7. Is there any one thing you wish someone had told you at the very beginning of your photography journey?

     The more you learn and know the more you realize you don’t know!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts