Friday, August 8, 2014

Feature Friday with AnnMarie Denis of one33 Photography!!!

AnnMarie is the talent behind the winner of last week's 'birthday' challenge, and we're excited to learn a bit more about her!




1. Please tell us about yourself...

Hi My name is AnnMarie, some of my friends call me Rie, rierie or riesickle!  I am a Mama to 3 spunky, sometimes outrageous and always gorgeous little boys and I'm a  wife to a very handsome man. I live in Kitchener, Ontario in a small little war time home which I'm growing to love. Hmmm now a few interesting things about me are: I am obsessed with the sky during dusk. I love Starbucks' Passion fruit ice tea lemonade, Somersby (which I'm not sure you can get in the states but it is very popular here in Canada) and COFFEE! In fact, don't even talk to me in the morning if I don't have a cup of coffee in my hand ;)




2. Can you describe your style in 3 words?

This was a very hard question for me because I feel like my style is always evolving but right now I would describe my style as Youthful, Nostalgic and Luminous.
Why those words? Youthful because I am always looking for fun, quirky sets to do sessions with. For example, I recently did a mommy and me session at a cute little kitschy bake shop. Oh and most of my clientele are pretty young. Nostalgic because I capture the moment, I like to be a fly on the wall and get those candid moments when they are in their own worlds just being themselves.  I like to think that when my boys look back in their photo albums later on they will be brought right back to that moment and it will bring a smile to their faces and a feeling of nostalgia in their hearts. Luminous because I'm obsessed with the golden hour. I just love those peachy, earthy tones!!!  I feel like when I'm shooting during that time my pictures shine!



3. What sparked your passion for photography?

It's no surprise here but my children. When I had my first born I was determined to capture every moment. But I didn't just want to snap the picture, I wanted to make that picture stand out and be incredible. I was obsessed and I still am at getting the perfect shot and creating storyboards of our lives through pictures. 
4. What is in your camera bag right now?
I shoot with a Canon 6D and currently my favourite lens is the 35m 2.0 
I have a 50m 1.4, 85m 1.8, and a 70-300 which I have used maybe once ;) I also carry my lens pens, various filters, extra SD cards, candy for the kiddos and an adorable lens owl that wraps around my lens to grab the kiddos' attention! One of my favourite clients gifted me that! ;)


5. What is your dream shoot or project?

 I would love to do more beach photography. Getting out during the golden hour and shooting a family on the beach and having the sky turn those gorgeous pinks and purples would be just incredible. It's on my bucket list, I'm hoping to do it this year some time!



6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?

I thought that starting a photography business would be pretty easy. I figured you just get some nice equipment and advertise through social media and ta da a successful business would be made. I quickly learned the opposite. It takes a lot of blood, sweat and tears, a lot of "putting yourself out there" and a lot of money but I think it will be worth it. I'm still pretty new in the business world but I have learned this journey is not a race and to just take it very slow and enjoy the ride. Oh and to never stop learning! This photography world is crazy, there is always a new toy or technique to master! I love it!




7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers?

I would say to find yourself a network of really supportive "photog" friends! I love that I have a go-to group of girls that are always willing to answer my questions and give me positive re-enforcement. They are also there to give me critiques if I need them. I would also say join some good forums; groups that are designed to help all photographers through their journey. I particularly enjoy Clickin Mom's, I heart Faces and Learn Shoot Inspire.
 What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning? I wish someone told me to get a mentor right away. For a while I just tried to figure it all out on my own, that was a very slow process and if I had a mentor I would have learned a bunch of stuff a lot quicker! Oh well, lesson learned :)




Find more of AnnMarie's gorgeous work here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts