Tuesday, April 14, 2015

{anonymous self portrait}

I loved seeing all of this week's submissions...thank you so much for having me as a Guest Judge!! Choosing my favorites turned out to be soooooo much harder than I thought it would be! There was SO much talent and creativity shared for this theme!! After spending way too much time narrowing it down, here are my favorites. :)

The deep shadows and posture make this image feel extra mysterious, and I love the creative use of light!




......................................







The matching Starbucks mugs are just TOO adorable! I love the chopped heads to put more focus on the mugs, and the warmth of the pink blanket with that dreamy backlight make me feel so cozy and content.







......................................






The reflection of the trees perfectly framing the subject really elevate this shot. I'm normally a color girl, but the black and white conversion really help to highlight the amazing lines and light!







......................................





I am a sucker for repetition and strong lines, and I love the beautfiul simplicity of this shot. Also, nice pedicure! ;)







......................................






Another amazing shot full of strong repetitive lines. The bold lips peeking out are so sexy and playful...this makes me think of young lovers flirting amongst the library shelves.







......................................






I love those chubby fingers, and the loving embrace pictured here. I also love how the conversion feels a bit retro and almost metalic. Really beautiful!







......................................






That dreamy light and bokeh are just to die for!! So romantic and wistful.  
I hope you have a spot in your home to hang this up!! :)







......................................






The light in this shot is fantastic, but what I really love most is the strong pose! I can see so much strength in your arm and I love the contrast of the curly hair against the torn jeans and knotted tee. This looks like a portrait of someone I'd like to hang out with...laid back and up for anything. :)







......................................






This is such a beautiful, timeless shot. The framing and light are just perfect, the relaxed pose and those bare feet paired with the mug feel so cozy, and I love the chop at the top to keep it anonymous.







......................................






I agree with the commenter that this is a very Vivian Maier-esque shot. What an intriguing location...the vintage vibe with the lace curtains, the reflection of those gorgeous patio rafters, and the old film camera are very strong.







......................................






And the winner is...







Everything about this is so beautiful to me! The backlight, the strong shadows on their skin, the beautiful ocean backdrop, the movement, and their sweet pose holding hands. This image makes me long for warmer weather and bare feet and running through the waves with my littles!!


Congratulations to all the winners and thank you for having me!!! I loved seeing a glimpse into each of your lives! <3

Lucy Baber Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts