Tuesday, February 3, 2015

{dramatic black and white}

This was such a fun challenge to judge! Thanks, Mavenistas, for making me a part of things this week! I was so excited to see how many people seemed to really enjoy this challenge and submit images that truly fit the theme! Snap Maven has built such a great community, and I'm happy to have found myself in the middle of things this last week. In no special order, here are the top 10 images, followed by the winner:

Contrast! Oooh, those darks and lights. And that sun breaking over the hill. Just gorgeous.






...........................





It's all about the sail on this one.




...........................




The swath of light across the floor, her shadow, her reflection, the rim light. Love it.





...........................




I love lit raindrops, and the added brightness of the umbrella against the dark background is cool, too.





...........................




Gorgeous light on her face. It's hard to achieve this without getting a harsh look. This is done so nicely. 
I love the way the light falls off, too.





...........................




Beautifully lit. Deep dark shadows and light only where necessary. Great contrast.





...........................




Just that one dark eye on the bright face. It really grabbed me.





...........................




The light and the shadow. Perfectly done. 





...........................




Shawna McDonald Photography
So cool! The smoke is elegant, isn't it? 





...........................




The water and the rim light caught my eye. Up against the blacks, they shine, don't they?  





...........................





And the winner is...







 this caught my eye immediately, and I love it. Water is such a hard subject to capture, and this was just done beautifully. Courtney really got the high contrast theme, and managed to integrate it even while still keeping a touch of matte on the subject. I love those ripples, too. Nicely done!



Thanks, everyone, for playing along! I loved seeing everyone's work!  
<3 Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts