Tuesday, July 1, 2014

{Open}




I'm so excited that y'all asked me to guest-judge this week! What an honor! 
It was so difficult for me to choose these images, because truly, there were so many gorgeous submissions. 
But it had to be done..so here are my favorite "open" images! 












This image grabbed me right in... I just love the composition...the way the light plays through the curtains... it's soulful. And I love the subtlety of the "open" theme here... 



<<<>>>






Gah. I am such a sucker for film. The mood of this image is just... palpable. I feel like I can really sink my teeth into it... the oof is just right... this is just so touching. I can almost hear her squeals... 




<<<>>>








This conversion is so lovely. I love the mood here, too. It feels like just another laid-back afternoon at home. The framing is fantastic. 



<<<>>>







This is awesome. The colors are beautiful. And I love the added intrigue of the skyline in the distance. It was like a sweet little surprise for my eyes once I started really studying this image. 



<<<>>>







This is a beautiful image. The sky, the wide open space... I just love it so much. The color palette is fabulous. 




<<<>>>












The lines are fabulous here. I love the wide-openness of it... 




<<<>>>







This is so wonderful. "Open." ha. This made me giggle out loud. I love all the white, and that precious baby skin looks just perfect. 




<<<>>>







Oh, the cuteness!!!! I just love this processing. I love the textures...that smooth baby skin against the gloriously fuzzy blanket... And I love that it took me a minute to see the "open" theme here. Beautiful. 



<<<>>>





This. Is. So. Cool. Need I say more?! Absolutely fabulous. 


<<<>>>



And the winner is.... 




There were so many awesome "open" submissions, but I swear this image just reached right out of the monitor and touched me. Such a beautiful conversion, and I adore the composition. I love how the wind is blowing her hair up just a little bit... I love how he is nuzzling her shoulder so gently ... her expression is fabulous. It feels like we got to witness a private moment... such a tender, intimate moment, where these two hearts were truly open. Thank you for sharing this with us, Cheree! 




<<<>>>




You all really hit it out of the park this week! Thank you for sharing your "open" images with me, and thank you, Snap Maven, for inviting me in! It truly has been a pleasure. 

Mary | Mary Slone Photography
Instagram: @slonemt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts