Friday, August 19, 2016

Feature Friday with LB Photography!

Lauren of LB Photography was the winner of our 'magic of the lens' challenge, and has graciously given us a peek into her camera bag and more!





1. Please tell us about yourself... 

I’m Lauren of LB Photography, located in South Carolina. I have a 10 year old daughter and 2 pups. She and her friends are my main subjects for my photography. I love to document our life as it is, full of adventure and fun.




2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?

Fun: The more I can keep my photo taking fun for my daughter, the more she’s willing to participate. I try not to ask her to stop and “do this or do that”.

Vibrant: While I do like a good black and white photo, most of mine tend to be color. I like bright colors. I also try to convey the energy and enthusiasm through my photos.

Real: I prefer unposed shots, so I like to just watch and wait for the right time to click. I do have to direct sometimes but most of the time my favorites are the ones that just happen.




3. What sparked your passion for photography?  

Like many others, my love for photography started when my daughter was born. I started out using a point and shoot and then she dropped it one day. I decided to get my first DSLR and haven’t been able to put the camera down since. I love going back and looking at photos from my childhood. I hope she will feel the same when she gets older.



4. What's in your camera bag right now? 

I have a Nikon D750 and D600. I mainly use my Sigma Art 35 or an assortment of Lensbaby lenses. They are my favorite! I love the way they make an everyday scene turn to magic. I do have an 85mm but don’t use it often. Just this summer I bought a DICAPAC bag for underwater photography and have fallen in LOVE!




5. What is your dream shoot or project? 

I have several projects that I would love to do but the first on my list is a Portraits of Strangers project. I’m a very shy person, so I feel this would help me overcome that and I’d love to show the beauty that everyone posses’.



6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how? 

When I first started, I tried to get my photos to look like other artists I admired. In doing this, I became frustrated and it took the fun out of shooting. I realized I just need to shoot for myself and if others don’t like it, so what. Hopefully they will though. I also thought that photographers were very secretive and unwilling to help others. I’ve found this to be very untrue. The photography community is very helpful and I have met some amazingly helpful people along the way.




7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning? 

I would tell newbies to be patient and learn all you can. There are so many resources available these days. Ask fellow photographers. Join groups and just keep shooting. And most importantly, have fun and be yourself!



Find more of LB Photography here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts