Monday, May 9, 2016

{mother}

"My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart." Kristin Hannah 

This week's theme of "Mother" drew such beautiful submissions of tenderness, connection, and joy.  
I loved seeing all the different perspectives on motherhood and each image submitted had me lingering to soak it all in.  Thank you all so much for sharing your images and stories with me.  



I love this image by Elizabeth Wilson so much!  The rich contrast of the black and white processing paired with the nice backlight plays so well with this self-portrait.  It is so important to get in the frame with our kiddos and I just love the chaos and laughter in this photo!







------------------------------------






Rich tones and the shadow drop-off in this beautiful image by Cara Soulia Photography draw me directly to the tender moment you captured with your mother and your baby.  






------------------------------------





The timing could not have been better in this awesome image by Sarah M Photography!  Great job getting in the frame, Sarah!  I would print this one large and hang it right above that couch. :)  







------------------------------------





Would you just look at all those kids in one frame!  Great job One 33 Photography, that's a feat in and of itself!  I love your mother's joyful expression, all the kisses from her grandbabies, and converting this to black and white adds to the timeless feel of the photo.  







------------------------------------







Amazing capture of the start of this mother's journey by Katie Barfield Photography!  What a treasure for this new mama to have this beautiful image to remember that moment.   







------------------------------------






The connection in this image by Andrea of andreaMphotography is absolutely perfect.  There is nothing like that look of mutual admiration between mother and child and you captured it beautifully! 







------------------------------------






This awesome image by Jill Graham Photography sums up so much about being a mother and a photographer in one frame.  I love your amused expression and how funny your son thinks this all is.  Wonderful, hilarious capture of motherhood.  








------------------------------------






April Kraus Photography used the warmth of the creamy backlight and a unique crop to highlight this quiet moment between mother and daughter.  The detail of their hands and body language convey such a powerful connection without needing to see anything else.  Beautiful!  








------------------------------------






Four Dots Photography showed us the beautiful reality of motherhood with this image.  I'm so glad you chose to capture this moment in all it's messy, artificially lit glory!  We've all been in right in that spot and it's definitely the stuff memories are made of.  







------------------------------------






Keep trying to get your mum in a photo, Vicki Winston Photography!  I think so many of us can relate to being on both sides of the camera in this image.  I'm in love with this candid moment, the black and white processing, and the timelessness of it all.  







------------------------------------






And the winner is.....







Danielle, I absolutely love everything about this image of your mama with your son.  You've captured such a wonderful connection between them!  The perspective, the crop, the use of light, and processing is spectacular and draws me right to your beautiful mother's smile.  I love that your son has climbed right up there on top of her to play their game and I can practically hear them giggling through the image.  I am totally going to be playing "Fix My Face" with my kids soon.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts