Friday, May 20, 2016

Feature Friday with Bina Sareen Photography!

Bina of Bina Sareen Photography was the winner of last week's super fun challenge of 'we are all a little weird.'  Read on to find out what sparked Bina's passion for photography, and what gear she carries in her camera bag :)



 1.  Please tell us about yourself...

My name is Bina, I live in Dallas with my husband of 15 years and our 2 children.  They keep my days busy and my weekends even busier.  I love to photograph the every day, not just the fun times but also the mess, the disheveled hair, the unhappy faces, all of it.




2.  Describe yourself in 3 words:

Clean - I like to keep my images simple, void of unnecessary distractions.  I also don't like to over edit my photos.  It should not look dated one year from now.
Honest - I don't like to force a moment and I prefer to show it as it is.  I may ask the clients to sit or stand in a certain light, but then I'll wait for them to interact and thats when I will start clicking away.
Fun - When photographing a family, I want them to walk away thinking it was a playdate.  If they aren't having fun, neither am I, and the end results will show.



3. What sparked your passion for photography?

My Dad and my Uncle.  My Dad was a hobbyist photographer, and he taught me all the basics, but it was my Uncle that really did it for me.  He was a wedding photographer in the 80's and I loved sitting with him as a child when he would put the wedding album together.  Both my Dad and Uncle would edit in a dark room, and now I get to teach them light room :)



4. What is in your camera bag?

Nikon D700
24-70mm
50mm
35mm
Expodisc
Little toys to distract the toddlers
And bandaids - because you never know when the little ones will fall and they need some tlc.




5. What is your dream shoot

A safari shoot. One day I will make it happen!



6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey?  Have they changed? how?

That the more expensive the camera and lens the better the image. Now I know it's more than that.  The light, the composition, the edit etc.  Some of my favorite photos are taken on my iPhone.  




7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? what advice do you wish you have been given at the beginning?

Make the camera your best friend.  Take it wherever you go and practice.  Read the manual that came with the camera and learn from it.  Don't rely on the auto mode and instead take charge of the camera.



Find more of Bina's gorgeous work here:

1 comment:

  1. Good points. A good camera does not necessarily create a good photograph but a good photographer certainly makes it better.
    Enjoy your work and it will reflect in the results.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts