Tuesday, February 16, 2016

{swirls of color}

Thank you so much for inviting me into Snap Maven for the week. I have loved watching everyone’s interpretation of the theme coming in all week. I really wish I could have chosen them all, but I couldn’t, so here are my top picks for the week:

This is such a perfect unscripted moment of childhood abandon (and kudos to Mom for the huge painting space to create such a masterpiece)





.............................





Okay, so I want this chandelier too.




.............................




I adore this, and not just because I am sitting in a colourless arctic zone right now. The freedom of it makes me breathe easy.




.............................




I have tried and tried and tried for a shot like this every year at the local fair and 
have yet to be able to get that golden hue.




.............................




I love how unexpected this is. I really have no idea where it is. Maybe a subway, or a shopping mall. That unknown is what draws me to this.




.............................




The most perfect Mommy moment ever. Beautiful chaos. I want to do this with my kids.





.............................




I love the swirling colours combined with the moving shapes. A perfect combination.




.............................




Movement. It’s all about the movement and the colour together.




.............................




Once again, it’s that movement. The falling confetti mixed with the 
intent focus on his eyes is such a perfect juxtaposition.




.............................




Even without the spectacular detail on that bubble, I love this. But that bubble is spectacular. Totally unexpected. But awesome.






.............................







and the winner is.....









Oh my goodness, when I saw this one for the first time, my heart stopped. This is the definition of swirl of colour. Love love love it.




Thank you to everyone who submitted. It was a bit of a learning experience for me to really think about and articulate what it was about each image that I was drawn to. For those who weren’t chosen, please don’t be discouraged. Keep shooting, and keep submitting. One day it will be your turn.

Website http://sherridavisphotography.com

1 comment:

Popular Posts