Friday, October 9, 2015

Feature Friday with Paper Hearts Photography!

The winner of our 'behind closed doors' challenge has shared all about her start in photography, as well as a peek into her camera bag. Read on to find out all about Cyndi Greenwalt of Paper Hearts Photography <3



1. Please tell us about yourself…

I am a stay at home to 5 beautiful kids living on a farm in Nebraska. I am wife to a wonderful man who supports me not matter what! We have 4 horses, 4 cats, 1 dog, 2 goats and about 20 chickens! I love vintage things, coffee, being artsy, and of course beautiful light!




2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?
I would say my style is real, moody, and rich. I am in love with lifestyle photography and documenting real moments is my goal. I always try to make my photos rich and moody well because its my favorite and because I feel it gives it more of an organic feel to it!



3. What sparked your passion for photography?

I fell in love with photography about 8 years ago when my son was born. I wanted to document every minute of his life. I got my first DSLR last year October from my amazing husband and I haven’t put it down since! I mainly document my family’s crazy life and I'm just starting to take some clients. Photography for me is my passion! It has been such an amazing journey and I can’t wait for what is to come!



4. What's in your camera bag right now?
I shoot with Nikon D810, Nikon 85mm lens, Sigma Art 35 mm, Sigma Art 24mm.



5. What is your dream shoot or project?
 Currently my dream shoot would be to photograph a birth! I haven’t had the opportunity since I have a small baby, but hopefully next year!



6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?

Oh man! One thing I had no idea is the fact that to get some amazing photos you have to shoot manual! I use to think that it was always point and shoot because I never took the time to do some research but once I figured it out, man what a difference! 




7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning?

Learn how to shoot in manual and most importantly be true to yourself!





Find more of Cyndi's gorgeous work here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts