Tuesday, July 14, 2015

{kitchen table}

I absolutely love the photography community. I love all the ways people from around the world connect and share their love of this craft together. I am so appreciative of communities like Snap Maven that bring this all together in such a wildly talented and inspiring place. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of the fun. 



I love the perspective on this. As a mother we are often standing up over our child in the high chair or always a reach away, this is the view we have for so long, and when it’s gone it is missed. I love the composition on this one, and the pop of the red sippy lid against the white high chair on the dark floor. It just spoke to me






...................................






The lighting, rich color, and moment on this one grabbed me. Just an overall wonderful story telling image of two children growing up around the same table. 






...................................





Ha! Another from Erica. I am a big fan of the birds eye perspective in photographing our children. We are always standing over them so this is a really comfortable view for me. To add to that, the child feeding on the floor, and you have my life story. It shows the independence of the child, maybe a pinch of willfulness. The lines in the floor, the scattered puffs, the color of the clothing. I just really enjoyed this.






...................................





This is such a bittersweet image. The storyline is so wonderful for any mother, but a mother of a boy who is dressed in a costume and sad at the table. It tugged at my heartstrings. The lighting outside suggests that it’s bright and midday, but he is alone at the table. The lighting on his face is just enough to see that he’s deep into his thoughts. 






...................................





I immediately loved this, but I saw it was one of Cindy’s and it was no surprise at all.  I love the composition with the family in the smaller bottom third and the space of the room in the dominating upper 2/3s. The splash of color was the telltale giveaway, her use of color is so perfect. The pops of bright colors, paired with the little girls smiling and the attention drawn to one of the children likely being a character of some kind.  This is what the connection over the table is all about. 






...................................





This image has so much character. I love the lines in the table leading to the subjects, both of the expressions on the subject. This was clearly a moment captured. 






...................................





I loved this image so much. I love her take on this theme, which her focus is less on the table and more on the child and the action of eating. There is a reason the fork is in the air, maybe it’s excitement, maybe there is something going on, or maybe the child is distracted and is in a pause. The light is so wonderful here, it just resonates so well. 






...................................






I love Khalilah’s take on this. Instead of the focus being on the kids, it’s on dad. The light is just amazing, and it helps carry your eye through the scene so you don’t miss anything. The one child with the bowl tipped up, the other in concentration. Just lovely!






...................................





SMILE! And yes, yes I did. I love this. The concentration and seriousness on his face, with the juxtaposition of the cheerios spilled all over the table and the SMILE on the box. This is just precious.






...................................





I loved this so much. Immediately my eye is drawn t o the activity, I can see the fairly blank canvas that has been started, then I see the girl, in motion reaching to dip her brush in the water. There is just a lot of love and effort in her creation. 







...................................






And the winner is....







I loved this. This could say so many things. To me, it shows a mother, alone at the kitchen table in a quiet (clean) house. Maybe the children are all out for the day, maybe they have flown the nest. This is the eating place, thinking place, gathering place, celebration place, and the grieving place. This photo encompassed so much about this center in our home. 


Thank you so much for allowing me the privilege of judging this week. I loved each and every one.  I was sad that I could only pick 11 to be featured. 

Courtney Rust
Rusty Lens Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts