Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Warmth



“I reach out to the sun that blinds me to feel a warmth that reminds me of the love that unbinds me.”
― Robert Turk 




Warmth to me is the best emotion, the ultimate contented comfort. 
 Judging the images from this week gave me feelings of all different kinds of warmth, 
which made choosing among them that much more difficult. 
 The images found here spoke to me in an intimate way,
 all of them alluring and consolatory, 
and uncommonly beautiful.










I love everything about this photograph- the sunny yellow dress, 
the creamy window light pouring in, and the sunsoaked processing.   
All warm and hazy, like a memory from my own childhood.


<<<>>>





This photograph takes me on an adventure- the finest sort of youthfulness.  I want to follow behind the child along that pathway down to the water, skip rocks and hang my feet off the dock while the sun sets.

<<<>>>

 






You can feel the warmth between them in this image, from the hands clasped to the eyes closed, 
like they’ve had a lifetime of togetherness and experience. 
  I’d love a photograph like this with my husband- it speaks volumes.

 <<<>>>

 





This image has a warm, graceful, dream-like quality, kind of like how you remember the beach 
once you are in bed for the night, pink from the sun, and the sand has (almost) all been washed off, 
and your belly is full with vacation food, and 
you are happy-excited-sleepy-all-at-the-same-time to do it again tomorrow. 

<<<>>>

 




This is summer- She walks barefoot, the red earth between her toes. 
 I love the warm light that filters through her dress and reflects off the water, 
giving you another view of the beautiful hills in the background.   
The hints of sunflares between her body and her arm, as well as at the heel of the boot are perfection. 

<<<>>>

 





The warmth of the affection between these two is a truth. 
 The eyes squished shut and the chubby hands hugging- children love hard, unbridled.   
The sunflare and sweet knit sweater reflect the feeling of warmth between the two little ones.


<<<>>>

 






With this one you had me at backlit-pail-of-flowers.   
The pinky warm light streams just right so you can feel the warmth on her shoulders,
 and the soft blur and ruffle at the hem of the skirt give the whole image a delicate femininity.   
So beautiful.

 <<<>>>


 






This image is simple but needs nothing else.   
A hint of a sunflare, the feeling of sticking your feet into the sand 
that holds its warmth longer than the air, and backlit curls that frame her face.


<<<>>>


 





The perspective in this one makes it amazing.   
The distortion from the rising heat gives it so much visual interest, and the smell of the wood smoke
 from the fire practically radiates out of the photograph. 
 The face in the background catches my attention and makes my mind spin stories.


<<<>>>


 





Quintessential thing to do on an afternoon drive - 
enjoy the warm sun with your hand riding the breeze out the window.  
 There is such freedom in this simple act, 
giving us a taste of the thrill of riding a bike down a slightly steep hill without the danger. 
 We all do it without fully knowing why, but the warmth is a large part of the recipe.

<<<>>>

 

 ...and the winner is...


Amanda O'Donoughue Photography




This was the first image I selected for warmth.   
The viewpoint puts me right into it…  I can feel the texture of the fabric, the soft sway in the breeze, 
and the sun bathing me in its warmth and light.   
It gives me the feeling I get when I see my dog sleeping in a patch of window light- 
envy of the luminous comfort.  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




“Warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and the soul of a child.”  -Carl Jung


I thank you giving me the opportunity to spend this week with you, 
and for sharing all of your images with me.   
 I wish for you all of the kinds of warmth that grow your soul.





Arrow Creek Photography

2 comments:

Popular Posts