Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Meet This Week's Judge: Vera Frances Photography

This week's guest judge is Vera Frances Photography. Vera captures light and connections richly and naturally. Make sure to check out her Facebook page!




1. Tell us about yourself...

I am a Northern California based Photographer. My family and I love the outdoors. I worked in the medical and then moved onto construction, now I am full time photographer! I started my passion for photography when I purchased the Canon T3i after my son Mason was born in 2007. It wasn't until after my son Max was born in 2016 that my husband encouraged me to show others my work. I nervously posted an ad and had a huge response! I was then able to quit my job and do photography alone full time after only 3 months. Its a very exciting journey and one that I am happy to say I LOVE my job!




2. What ignited your passion for photography, and what fuels it now?

My children. They are beautiful people inside and out. They made me see the beauty in the little things that are worth capturing daily.

I want to be the best photographer I can be. With every shoot I try something new, and luckily most of the time it works!



3. What’s in your camera bag right now, what do use the most? the least?

I shoot with the Canon Mark ii & Mark iii. Canon lenses,
24-70 mm / 2.8, 70-200 mm / 2.8, 50 mm / 1.8 and 85 mm / 1.4.
I am always using my Mark iii / 24-70 mm 2.8. I keep it on me almost at all times. I don't typically use my 85 mm. I have a tendency to leave that one at home.




4. What’s your dream project or shoot?

I would love to travel across the states with my family and photograph our journey on the way.



5. What is the biggest challenge you face as a photographer?

I am horrible at marketing myself. Its challenging putting myself out there.



6. If you had $500 to spend on photography…

How do you wish you could spend it?

My next purchase is the Holdfast money maker!

How would you really spend it?

Probably buy my kids something. Lol




7. Is there any one thing you wish someone had told you at the very
beginning of your photography journey?

Keep shooting! The more you shoot the better you get. Don't be afraid to try new things with your clients. They usually are excited over being the first to try something new.



Find more of Vera's work here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts