Friday, December 2, 2016

Feature Friday with Jessica Mason Photography!

Jessica Mason Photography was the winner of our 'stories of home' challenge 2 weeks ago, and today she is sharing a bit about her style, her tips for new photographers, and of course some more of her beautiful work!



1.Please tell us about yourself..
My name is Jess, I'm born and bred in Melbourne, Australia. I am married to the most awesome husband in the world, who is also my high school sweetheart and we have 3 amazing kids. 




2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?
Everytime I am asked this questions I have to as a friend or 2 what they think, this time the most common words were Raw, Real and Emotive. But honestly I have no idea, I feel like my 3 change all the time. 



3. What sparked your passion for photography?
I have always loved taking photos, especially in high school when my mum brought me my first SLR, which got stolen. I didn’t get another camera until 2012 when my husband brought me a Canon 600D with twin lens kit. I know for most mums having babies sparks there interest in photography but for me it was my wedding, I wanted to be a wedding photographer. I joined clickinmoms soon after that with the aim of being good enough to shoot weddings.



4. What's in your camera bag right now?
Canon  6D
Sigma Art 35mm
Tamron 24-70mm
Sigma 15mm Fisheye
Lensbaby Edge 80
Glass Prism- which I always forget to use



5. What is your dream shoot or project?
I would LOVE to shoot a wedding at Joshua Tree. I have been obsessed with that place for sooo long. I often daydream about a holiday to U.S just so I can go shoot there.



6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?
My biggest misconception was that I was already pretty good when I first joined Clickinmoms and I also thought photography was easy and I would make Pro in no time. Reality was I was crap and getting Pro took 3yrs and what felt like a million photos. 




7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning?
Do your own thing, Shoot what you love don’t worry about what everyone else is doing, if you love it there will be someone else who loves it too! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts