Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Meet This Week's Judge: Leah Marsh!


This week, Leah of Photography by Leah Marsh has asked you to share your "depth of affection". As a newborn photographer, she has quite a bit of experience in this area. Enjoy her photos, and read about he here!


1. Tell us about yourself.

My name is Leah Marsh. Im a newborn photographer in Northern Virginia.  I have travelled and lived in numerous cities. I am married to my best friend and have 3 wonderful children that I adore. 


2. What ignited your passion for photography, and what fuels it now?

I can remember my dad taking a ton of pictures when I was little. We traveled a lot, so it was a great way to remember all the places we visited and the friends we met. My dad had to get it right in camera, because it was before the digital age. :) I think that played a big role in my love of photography.

My ever changing children fuel it now. I know they won't be little long. I want to remember the missing-tooth grins, giggles, and tiny toes.


3. What's is your camera bag right now? What do you use the most/ least?
I know people love Nikon and Canon, but I’m a sony girl. I currently shoot with a Sony A65. I have a 30mm macro, 50 1.4, 75-300mm, 35mm, speed light, batteries, and camera cards in my camera bag.  I use my 50mm and 35mm about 50/50. I rarely use my macro.


4. What is your dream project or shoot? 

I would love to work as an instructor at a baby summit or host a class at creative live.  


5. What is the biggest challenge you face as a photographer?

My biggest challenge as a photographer is maintaining my equipment and finding time to take new workshops/ classes.


6. If I had $500 to spend on photography.....

I would probably buy more newborn props or put it towards a 24-70mm lens. 



7. Is there one thing you wish someone had told you at the beginning of your photography journey?

YES! I wish someone would have told me that it doesn't matter what anyone else is doing, or how they do it. Your photography is about you. Find your style, find what you love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts