Saturday, July 2, 2016

Feature Saturday with Oobaloos Photography!

Sheryl of Oobaloos Photography was the winner of our 'the moment I realized' challenge a couple weeks back, and has graciously shared more about herself and her work with us!



1. Please tell us about yourself...

Hi there!! I'm Sheryl, mum of one little boy aged 3 and wife to Kev. I own Oobaloos Photography in Cheltenham, UK and live for photographing life, love and my little world around me.



2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?
Whimsical, Dramatic, Real
I like to do as much unposed as I can. I adore documentary photography and watch for potential scenarios popping up whenever I can, then get myself in the best spot to watch it unfold. With most shoots, I just gently direct, to make sure that the rest unfolds naturally before me.


3. What sparked your passion for photography?
My son. Simple as that. Like most mums I snapped using my phone constantly. As a Christmas gift my parents bought me a small Nikon D3100, and I was hooked. I really found my passion in life!


4. What's in your camera bag right now?
2 Nikon D700's, a 28mm 1.8, a 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8 and a Lensbaby Sweet 50


5. What is your dream shoot or project?
I am currently working on some now! Top Secret! But maybe I can share some images with you at the end of the month? The most awesome collaboration with local wedding suppliers is happening!!


6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?
At first you always blame the gear. You need to upgrade, its not professional enough. Not true. Now I try to slow down, really learn this piece of gear before blaming my tools!!
I also try to change peoples conceptions that we can't all be friends. I have the most marvellous supportive, friendly groups of photographer friends, both online and in real life. I wouldn't be without them. They know who they are!!



7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning?
Don't think think that another photographer has got it all right. It might be right for them, or they might also be finding their way. Find your own path, heartsong, way in this photography world. Be respectful and kind and you will be surprised at the hands that will help you up. Just be prepared to do the same, as one day, you feel a tap on the shoulder, and someone newer than you respects your talent and time. Be generous with it xxx




Find more Oobaloos Photography here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts