Friday, July 15, 2016

Feature Friday with Kelsey Anderson Photography!

Kelsey of Kelsey Anderson Photography was the winner of last week's 'reflection' challenge, and has given us a peek into her life and her style, so read on!



1. Please tell us about yourself...

Hello! I am Kelsey from Kelsey Anderson Photography. I am a wife and mother of two. My daughter is 2 and my stepson is 13. My daughter is the subject of most of my photos as my son is not very interested in having his picture taken now that he is a teenager.I enjoy spending time with my family and being outdoors. We live out in the country in between corn fields and I love it! I love all of the space around us and it makes for some beautiful scenery for photos!



2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?

I wouldn't say that I have one specific style. To me it depends on the session. Some sessions I like a clean and bright edit, and others I like a deeper edit with a matte finish. I love being able to change my style when I have a different vision for a session and not be set on editing the same way for every photo.



3. What sparked your passion for photography?

My passion for photography started about four years ago. I got a nice point and shoot and I thought it was amazing. I finally was able to get my first dslr a few years ago and don't know what I would do without it! When my daughter was born is when I really started learning all I could about photography. I want to be able to capture all of the memories of her growing up! It's just the best feeling when your vision for a photo is achieved. I love that photography is a constant learning process and I love learning new things!



4. What's in your camera bag right now?

My camera bag right now has my d5100 with my 35mm 1.8 on it. I also have my 50mm 1.8 and my ocf. I hope to get the 85mm soon and the 24-70 some day.




5. What is your dream shoot or project?

A dream shoot for me would be a sunset beach session (I live in the middle of Indiana) or a styled senior shoot. I would also love to get into newborn photography and one day have my own studio!




6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?



When I started my photography journey, I thought it would be easy. I thought I could create any image I wanted without first putting in the work of learning the basics. I started with photoshop elements (before switching to regular photoshop) and I could not figure out how to use any of the tools at first. There are so many things to learn that I hadn't even began to understand. I finally started to read about shutter speed and ISO and aperture to get my camera out of auto mode. I also thought other photographers might not be that helpful, but I was wrong! I have gotten so much help from other photographers and they are so supportive!



7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning?

I would tell newbie photographers to be patient and practice, practice, practice! There is no better way to learn than to get out there and shoot! I would also tell them not to be afraid to ask questions. There are so many experienced photographers out there that will help you out if you ask. Ask what lenses they use, their camera settings, what actions they use, and most of them will tell you. I wish I wouldn't have hesitated to ask! You can also learn a lot from youtube tutorials!



Find more of Kelsey's gorgeous work here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts