Tuesday, December 23, 2014

{holiday magic}

This is my first time judging a weekly theme and it has been so fun! Scrolling the feed and looking at everyone's lovely submissions has been such a fun part of my week. Thank you for participating at such a busy time of the year. I wish that I could pick them all, I had such a hard time narrowing them down. I saved so many to my desktop! The magic of the season means many different things to everyone--family, friends, lights, smells, anticipation, amazing decorations, I could go on and on. 


I just adore the square crop here. 
The lines and symmetry are awesome and I love the centered tree and lines of lights. So pretty!! 




......................................





The love the choice of color here. I like the beautiful candles and the child's eyes staring so intently. The child looks so peaceful. A wonderful story. 




......................................




The magic of baking is for so many the best part of the season. Love the feeling of togetherness here, the reflection, the DOF, the conversion and the story it tells. 




......................................





The anticipation of tree decorating is always fun. Such a magical time for kiddos to help place ornaments. I love the looking through feeling here, her face, the light on her face and of course those super cute jammies!





......................................





The feeling of togetherness is always magical this time of year. Observing the hustle and bustle of the season can always bring reflection and a feeling of gratefulness. The story here is wonderful--the focus on them but knowing what they are watching is awesome. 





......................................





For some, Santa is such a magical part of the season and penning him a letter is part of the magic. Will he get it, will he respond? The light here is wonderful and so is the composition. 





......................................





Street decor is always one of my favorite things about the season. I love the feeling of calm in this image. The water reflections on the street only add to it for me. The composition choice is wonderful with the snowflakes adding great lines and depth. 





......................................





I love the warm tones in this image. The focus on the lit candles can give such meaning to so many. I love light falling on the gold parts of the menorah. 





......................................




I, of course, had to have a pup image. As mine is such a huge part of my holiday magic. I love the warm tones, the bokeh and the sweet pup face that is sleeping peacefully. 




......................................




Magnificently decorated trees are always such a huge part of this magical time of year. This one is no exception. The composition choice shows of this tree perfectly. I love the lines, perspective and choice to keep this in color. 




......................................




The winner is...


Togetherness is the most magical part of the season. Being with those you love and enjoying each others company celebrating and doing the things you love together. For me, this image shows all of that. Enjoying the fire, looking at cards, enjoying a story. The composition is also wonderful and I love that it's in color. 




Thank you for sharing a little bit of your Holiday Magic with me. 
I wish everyone the best holiday season and Happy New Year.

Kim De Araujo Photography 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts