Tuesday, September 30, 2014

{shadows & light}




Wow.  I can't believe how difficult this was.  I went through all the entries and highlighted which photographs I thought were the best - and I still had a list of 36!  Man...   Well, I eventually narrowed it down to the top 11, and here's what I came up with.  Before I start, I just want to tell you all how impressed I was with all of the entries.  You folks totally rocked this week's theme!  So here we go!  Remember, this is just one man's opinion...






I just love this face - that smile, those eyes!  
The lighting and composition are simple and dramatic.  Well done. 





.............................





I dare you to look at this image and not feel something - and chances are, whatever you're feeling isn't filled with sunshine and rainbows.  I just love the feel and texture to this photo - even though it scares me just a little bit!





.............................




This image just blows me away.  It's both beautiful, graceful and relaxing.  Can't you feel the stretch?  I can and I feel better already!






.............................





Just wow!  The lines, the shadows and the design here are simply hypnotizing.  What else is there to say?  I love how form and design can be found almost anywhere if you're open to finding it.  A wonderful capture...






.............................





Beautiful and mysterious.  I just love this - especially the way the photograph transforms from shining light at the top and down into darkness.






.............................





I really like this photograph.  It has such a simple beauty to it.  Darkness in the left half  of the photo - her face illuminated...  For me, it's all about innocence...






.............................





Another one of those mysterious photos.  Who is this young man and what exactly is happening in this photograph?  Great composition and wonderful lighting.  Well done.






.............................





This is just one great photo.  The mask...  the eye peering intently at the viewer.  Is she beckoning?  Is she warning us?  It's just one very interesting photograph.






.............................





Just look at the lighting in this photo.  The little girl, almost obscured by darkness and the umbrella enveloping her in a circle of glowing light.  Just excellent!





.............................




To me, this photograph brings back the memory of just how magical and imaginative childhood is.  Looking at this photo is like looking at a memory forgotten.  Wonderful...





.............................





and the winner is....

i just love this photo.  It has a mysteriousness to it (who ARE these two people and what exactly are they doing here?).  Also, to me, it even feels a little foreboding - a rare thing to find in a photograph.  It's like they're just sitting there, they're faces illuminated, waiting for something - but what?  
Well done and congratulations!




thanks again for asking me to be a guest judge.  i hope you're happy with the results and maybe we can do this again sometime!

ken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts