Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Meet This Week's Judge: Jordan Voigt Photography!

This week's super talented judge is Jordan of Jordan Voigt Photography. Read all about her here:



1. Tell us about yourself...
Born and raised in South Georgia. I am married to my high school sweetheart and fortunate enough to be able to stay at home with our two girls. We are a expecting a baby boy this summer and are so thrilled! For as long as I can remember I have had a camera in my hands. I love documenting and capturing our everyday lives.




2. What ignited your passion for photography, and what fuels it now?
Photos spark memories and tell stories. Looking back through my childhood photos, it seems that there are gaps missing and a lot that I am unable to remember. I think that is what initially lured me into photography. I am a visual person and need to see it. I do not want to forget anything, so I document by taking photos. At this stage in my life my children and husband fuel my passion. These moments are fleeting!



3. What’s in your camera bag right now, what do use the most? the least?
Canon 6D, Sigma Art 35mm 1.4, and Canon 50mm 1.4. The 35mm hasn't left my camera since I bought it! Although the 50mm is a great lens, the 35mm just does it for me!



4. What’s your dream project or shoot?
It sounds super cliche, but at this point in my life I am "shooting my dream". It may change for me one day. As of right now, there is nothing I would rather be doing.




5. What is the biggest challenge you face as a photographer?
Probably knowing when to stop, put down my camera, and just enjoy certain moments. I want to capture everything and it can be a little much sometimes.



6. If you had $500 to spend on photography...
How do you wish you could spend it?
There are several different things I would look into such as, a Canon 15mm lens, a Lens Baby, underwater gear, or a drone maybe? Those would be fun toys!

How would you really spend it?
Realistically, I should use all of the money to print the thousands of photos stored on my computer. That would be the smart thing to do!





7. Is there any one thing you wish someone had told you at the very beginning of your photography journey?
Yes! Everyone is on a different journey. You should never, ever compare yourself to others. It is a joy stealer.


Find more of Jordan's gorgeous work here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts